The Executive Committee identified the need for a Women’s forum to meet the needs of women of Malayalee descent and involve them in the activities of Sydney Malayalee Association to achieve its goals and objectives.
Objectives of Women’s Forum
- To empower, equip and mentor a coalition of women to be agents of positive cultural change and influence in the home, the community, the paid workforce and public life.
- To incorporate our tradition and culture through activities and events
- To provide a forum for its members to meet and exchange views and to foster friendship, goodwill, and understanding.
- To provide opportunities for cultural, and entertainment activities of its members and encourage them to participate and take leadership in all activities of the Association.
- To co-operate with similar organizations to conduct/organize programs of common interest for the members to meet together and exchange ideas, views, and opinions.
- To identify and recognize Malayalee talents and skills, that they may be mobilized for the enhancement of professional and career developments.
- To organize network of women’s groups to constantly communicate, share, and update their knowledge base